Wednesday, March 30, 2011

34 week... 8 1/2 months!

     I can't believe we're down to the last 6 weeks (give or take a week or two on either side)! Still the size of a honeydew, weighing about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and measuring about 17.2 to 18.7 inches long.

     We got the car seat and Chris installed it in my car a  few days ago. Yay! I know it's a little early, but at least it's done and if she happens to show up a little early, it's one less thing to worry about. We have an infant car seat that we received from a friend that will go in Chris' car as the due date gets a little closer, but I think we'll probably end up using my car to drive around in for the first few months. It's bigger and seems a little sturdier (heaven forbid we're in an accident).

     I got all her little outfits washed and either hung up/placed in drawers or packed away (we're planning on moving when our apartment lease is up in July, so anything above 3 months is packed away since we won't need it). I stopped at a couple resale/consignment shops today (one is just two miles from the waterbirth center! It's called Hoot and Annie. How cute is that?) and picked up a few more onesies (super cute and most were only $1/each. Way cuter and cheaper than buying the boring white ones from the store).

     Went over to Omi's today to visit with her and Icen. He's 7 weeks old now! I can't believe it. He's slowly but surely getting bigger and more handsome every time I see him. I hope Ayla will be able to match his good looks ;)   I picked up a couple carriers/wraps and Icen was a fairly cooperative little model. We tried the Moby wrap and the K'Tan wrap/carrier (I also tried a cheaper, front backpack style carrier I picked up at Hoot and Annie. I think I'll be able to use it with Ayla for a few months, but probably more around 2 or 3 months when she has head control). The Moby is SUPER long! I knew it was basically just a long piece of fabric, but I was really unprepared for the length. Got it on without too much difficulty, but with the basketball stomach, I had to place it a little higher and it was probably a little tighter than it had to be. It was a little difficult to get Icen into, but I think it'll be easier to wear something like that when I have more room in the stomach area. The K'tan wrap was a little easier to get on, but I don't like that Chris and I would have to buy two (you buy the size according to whoever's going to be wearing it) and it costs about $15 more than the Moby. So I think if we get a wrap, it'll be the Moby. They have an olive green color that I like at Target. It's on my registry if anyone feels so inclined to purchase it for us... :)

     I think we have most of what we need. I was looking for a cheap changing table on craigslist, we need some bottles and breastmilk storage containers/bags and probably more diapers, but other than that, everything else left on our registries would just be nice to have, but not a necessity. (For those who were asking, we're registered at Target.com and BabiesRUs.com under Kirsten Alsman and Chris Leniger).

                                                                34 weeks (8 1/2 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment