Tuesday, March 22, 2011

33 weeks... size of a honeydew!

     Cupcake has graduated from the size of a squash to the size of a honeydew! The average weight at this stage is 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and the average length is 17.2 to 18.7 inches. I can't believe she's about a foot and a half long! It's funny, because I know there's a baby in there and I'm really excited, but I still have these moments where I think "there's an actual little person in there!" or I see a baby somewhere and think "I get to have one of those soon!"  It's a good thing you have about 9 months to process it all before they get here.

     According to the website I follow (thebump.com), she could grow up to a full inch this week and her brain is developing like crazy, bones are hardening and she's keeping her eyes open more when she's awake.

     The baby shower was on Saturday. It turned out really well! It was a smaller group, but looking back I'm glad. I already felt like too much attention was on me (I had to snag Icen up as soon as Omi got there and slipped away a little later to change his diaper while they played Bingo). We got a lot of really cute stuff and a lot of useful stuff! The food was really good and the cupcakes Chris' mom made were amazing! I'm not usually much of a cupcake eater (I'll have one or two when I bake them, but I like making them more than I like eating them. Now brownies on the other hand... ha ha!), but the cinnamon streusel cupcake and strawberry cupcake with whipped topping were SO GOOD!

              Nancy, Christina, Rylie, Amy, Grace, Katie, Connie, Icen and Omi! Peggy took the photo. 


    Nancy, Christina, Rylie, Amy and Grace, Kelsey, Katie, Peggy, Icen and Omi. Connie took the photo
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it! I had a great time and really appreciate everything!


     Julie came over and painted my belly before the shower on Saturday morning. She did a fantastic job! Everyone else loved it, too!








     She does really great work! You can see more of her stuff on her website at www.gildedcat.com


And a little late, but here are last weeks (32 weeks/8 months) photos:

                                                 Last week (32 weeks/8 months)

                                                    Last week (32 weeks/8 months)


     I didn't make it to the chiropractor yesterday for two reasons. 1) They don't accept my insurance (and charge over $130 for the first visit if they don't take your insurance) and 2) I went in to work to cover someone's 5 hour shift. My hips haven't been hurting too bad lately, so I'm not in a huge rush to go in. But in case I do need to go in, there are a bunch that my insurance does cover (I was wanting to try this other place because a friend at work suggested it).

No comments:

Post a Comment