Friday, March 11, 2011

31 weeks

From TheBump.com: Baby's now (still) the size of a squash!Baby's going through major brain and nerve development these days. Her irises now react to light, and all five senses are in working order. (She won't pick up anything from her nose until after birth, though -- smell is transferred through air, not amniotic fluid.)

    Chris and I had our last Childbirth Preparation class at the waterbirth center last night. We learned some interesting tid bits here and there and I enjoyed hearing stories and questions from the other couples there. I'm going to miss going to class every week! Last week, we were able to get in and out of the tubs (sans water, of course) to try different birthing positions and get a feel for how deep the tubs are (nice and deep!) and last night, we talked about postpartum care of both mom and baby.

     My baby shower is next week on Saturday. I'm looking forward to spending some time with friends and family and hopefully we'll get a few things that we need for the little Cupcake.

    I'm up to about 163 now and trying to not freak out about it. I know baby is growing and getting what she needs and I still haven't had any swelling in my hands or feet. I'm still able to work out and be pretty active without too much uncomfortability (with the exception of my hips being a little sore sometimes still).

    I can't believe she's going to be here in 6-10 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment