Thursday, March 3, 2011

30 weeks... 7 1/2 months!

     The cupcake is baking and baking... she's about 16 inches in length (head to toe) and weighs around 3-4 pounds (depending on which website/book you look at).
    
     Had a prenatal appointment this morning and the midwife thinks she feels perfect (size-wise)! She's head down with her feet just below my ribs on the right side and her little butt in the middle of my stomach (she likes to push out sometimes and I wasn't sure if it was a head or butt at this point, but now I know... it's booty). Sometimes she'll bring her legs into her chest and I'll feel a little knee poking my belly button (which isn't really there anymore. It hasn't "popped out", but it definitely isn't a hole anymore). Still feeling really good with the exception of twice where I've felt "kind-of-but-not-really" dizzy. Something's just off. I know it's not dehydration or sleep deprivation or my blood sugar or blood pressure... one of my midwives thinks it might be that the Cupcake is putting pressure on a returning blood vessel and the lack of blood flow is causing it. It's only happened twice, lasts for just a few hours and then I'm totally fine. Still able to go to work and function, it just feels... different. I had Chris drive me to work the first time it happened because I wasn't sure what was going on. Luckily, I had today off, so I dropped him off at work after the appointment and went home to take a 3-hour nap :)  I think the only other thing this last week was a bout of "pregnancy brain" yesterday. I tried to unlock someone else's Honda Element when I was leaving the gym. At least it was the same color as my car and didn't have an alarm system. Last night at Bunco, I was having a hard time keeping score and remember Zoe's dog's name (I had to ask Omi at least 3 times). I feel like I've stayed pretty sharp most of the pregnancy, so I'm hoping yesterday was just a fluke and that it's not going to be a constant thing.

     We start having our prenatal appointments every two weeks now instead of once a month (until week 36, where it will be once a week). Putting it on a time schedule like that makes it seem really close! Chris and I are both excited, but nervous. I still feel like it's close, but also far away. I'm sure as the weeks pass by, I'll be feeling like it's going really fast. I can't believe it's almost over!

     Getting the baby shower planned. That will be in about 3 weeks and I'm really looking forward to seeing friends and family! I think it will be fun. I haven't seen some people for a while, so I think they'll be surprised at how big I've gotten.

                                                                         7 1/2 months

                                                      Okay, so it looks like I ate a basketball...
                            
                                                 But only looking big in the stomach... right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment