Thursday, February 24, 2011

29 weeks!

    29 weeks with only about 11 left to go! It seems so close, but it's taking forever to get here!

    Cupcake should be about 15.2 to 16.7 inches in length and weigh about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds (way less than my 23-pound weight gain!). I have to say the third trimester is going well so far! Still able to get to the gym or do yoga, though I haven't really been keeping up on my 30-minutes a day goal (mostly because I end up having a ton of things to do that day or I work all day and then have the childbirth preparation class). But I figure I might as well take it kind of easy and try to prevent the exhaustion/energy loss that's supposed to hit this trimester. And about every other day isn't too shabby, I suppose.

   I've gotten to the point now where I look pregnant while wearing a large hooded sweatshirt. A LARGE! I had 3 volunteers on Tuesday morning (I just recently started volunteering about 2 hours every Tuesday morning at a local elementary school for the SMART program--Start Making A Reader Today) comment on how pregnant I was (mostly "when are you due?" and one "You look more pregnant every time I see you!"). When someone asks when I'm due, I just tell them "sometime in May" or "in about 3 months". The look of amazement and disbelief on their face is getting a little ridiculous. I'm not THAT huge yet for them to think that it's crazy that I still have a few months left. I just keep telling myself it's because I'm so short and the belly just looks big. I don't think I look super huge all over, but maybe I do (but I doubt it). Yes, I have had to buy a couple larger shirts and a bra, but still.

   I think I only have a few more weeks of yoga left in me. It's definitely getting a little more uncomfortable trying to do some of the poses or catch my breath. However, working out at the gym is still working really well. I'll usually do about 15-20 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical (don't worry, it's at a slower pace than my usual, pre-cupcake workouts) and then sometimes some (light) weight machines. I'm hoping to maybe walk a 5k in June (Run for the Love of Dove) and do a little more running for the Mt. Tabor Doggie Dash at the end of July. Hopefully I can get my Little Brother (Big Brothers/Big Sisters) to do one or both of them with me! And I'm really looking forward to trying Zumba (offered at my gym) and taking some more Barre3 classes in June or so. Yes, I realize that there's a chance I'll be exhausted, but there's also a chance that CC will get into a great routine, I'll get sleep and will be able to function normally. Fingers crossed!

   I still don't have any swelling in my ankles or wrists (I think staying active definitely helps!), no heartburn, no constipation... still able to drink 60-80 ounces of water on most days and until recently, have been sleeping okay (as okay as possible for me, anyway). Even if I start having terrible pregnancy symptoms, as long as Cupcake is healthy, I'll be fine with it (especially since I've made it this far with fairly smooth sailing!).

   Joe and Katie's little Dawson arrived this last week! I believe she delivered on Sunday or Monday. I haven't had the chance to meet him yet (or get his "birth stats"), but I've seen a picture and he is cute! I'm so happy for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment