Monday, February 7, 2011

26 weeks (6 1/2 months!)

   I totally am slacking on my weekly update this week.

   Cucpake is still the size of an eggplant, so between 13.6 and 14.8 inches in length (I think still measuring from crown to rump at this point) and weighing about 1.5 to 2.2 pounds.

   We had a prenatal appointment last week and everything is going great! I've gained about 20 pounds so far (no stretch marks yet, hooray! Luckily I've been slowly putting the weight on and my skin's had a chance to start it's slow stretch. Check out my tattoo!) and my midwife says I'm at the perfect size and exactly where I should be. Still no swelling, no heartburn, nausea's been long gone, no gagging, no constipation, no sweating or feeling really warm... my hips get sore every once in a while, but nothing major. I'm still able to do 30 minutes of exercise every day (either a dog walk, going to the gym, yoga, or walking on the treadmill) and getting at least 60 ounces of water. Sleeping is getting a little uncomfortable. I now have to sleep completely on my side (as opposed to my usual stomach/side position). Supposedly I'm at the point where some Braxton Hicks contractions might be a little more noticeable. Oh! And I did feel some baby hiccups last week on the third. I had woken up (around 5 am, which seems to be getting the normal time of when I wake up, regardless of what time I go to sleep. Sometimes I'll wake up a little hungry or have to pee. Usually I can fall back asleep within half an hour), went to the bathroom and grabbed a string cheese. As I was laying in bed, I felt little "pulses" every second or two.


     Last week was our second childbirth preparation class at the waterbirth center and we're really enjoying it so far! There are about 10 couples in the class and we really like the midwife who's teaching it. Omi and Aaron are taking the class with us ("due date" February 26th) and so is Omi's brother and his wife ("due date" May 22nd, I believe)-- (though, Omi is currently in the hospital and it looks like little Icen will be here just a few weeks earlier than expected due to preeclampsia. I'm excited to be her doula and be there for her and Aaron! I stopped by on my way to work this morning and will be heading back in just a few hours to see how she's progressed. She wants to do as little interventions as possible, so things are slowly moving along without her getting pumped full of Pitocin or an epidural. No c-sections for that woman!). I was able to meet up with Katie last week. We talked for four whole hours! I couldn't believe it! She's "due" with little Dawson February 22nd and she looks fantastic!

     I think on Wednesday (at 27 weeks), I'll be starting the third trimester! Ahhhh! I can't believe I only have about 3 months left. Little CC still has so much growing to do in a relatively short amount of time (I fear the stretch marks will be coming along with that...).

No comments:

Post a Comment