Wednesday, January 26, 2011

25 weeks---size of an eggplant!

   As slow as this seems to be going, I can't believe I'm at 25 weeks (which is almost 30 weeks, which is almost 40 weeks... ahhhh!). Baby is about the size of an eggplant for the next few weeks, meaning she's between 13.6 and 14.8 inches in length and 1.5 to 2.2 pounds in weight. I can't believe she's still got about another 6-7 pounds to gain.

   With all the bouncing around (and belly moving), I think I'm still in disbelief that there's a baby in there sometimes. It seems so real some days and not on other days. I do have to say, I have come to enjoy watching the little bumps and prods show through my stomach when she's dancing around. It was way too creepy at first, but now I really love watching her. I had a dream the other night that I was watching my belly with some friends and we saw the Cupcake stick her little arm or foot out and then I could feel her do a few somesaults (which I haven't been able to decipher the difference in real life yet), which made me laugh uncontrollably. I do have to say that I've been feeling her move a little closer to my ribs in the last few weeks and that makes me nervous. I know quite a few friends who have mentioned the oh-so-fun-and-comfortable feeling of having baby snuggle up and kick you in the ribs. Ugh.

   I still don't really have anything to complain about, in all reality. It really has been a pretty easy pregnancy so far. The last week or so, my hips will hurt occassionally. I'm sure it has to do with the hormone Relaxin that loosens your joints in preparation for labor (or maybe just the fact that she's gaining weight and the extra stress isn't welcomed by my hips. And she's only about a pound and half right now... oh man!). My feet were really extra sore one night, but I think it's because I spent about 3 hours in the kitchen baking cupcakes. Still no swelling in my ankles, feet or wrists yet.

   One of my best friends is coming up on her 9-month mark and I'm so excited for her! Little Icen is going to be so cute and have a ton of family and friends that love him! I can't believe we're both going to have babies soon. Another friend is also due around the same time (about a week ahead) and little Dawson is already so handsome! They went in for another ultrasound and had some 3D images taken. What a cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment