Wednesday, January 12, 2011

23 weeks---size of a papaya (still)

   Baby will be about the size of a papaya until about week 25 (month 6) where she'll be about the size of an eggplant for a few weeks, then a squash, honeydew and finally, watermelon! So right now, she's still between 10.5 and 11.8 inches in length and weighs about 12.7-20.8 ounces (just around a pound).

   This week, the little cupcake's face should be fully formed, with the exception of fat deposits under the skin. The website I reference mentions that I may be feeling or looking swollen in the wrists and ankles because of the increased blood flow from the last few months, but so far, I don't notice a difference. Hooray!

   Nothing too major or new this week, but we did make it to IKEA to buy a crib. It's all set up in our second bedroom/office/animal room and ready for baby! It's kind of a tease to have it up so early. Every time I see it, I get excited and want her here already!

No comments:

Post a Comment