Tuesday, November 30, 2010

17 weeks---size of an onion!

   5.1 inches and weighing 5.9 ounces! Baby is growing away, with bones hardening from cartilage to bone this week. Fat is hopefully starting to be added, the umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger and fingerprints should be ready to go!

   No definite feeling of movement yet, though for the last week or so when I lay down at night, I feel kind of a "popcorn" sensation. Just a little "pop" here and a "pop" there. Sure, it could be digestion (or gas, like EVERYONE mentions), but I like to think it's the cupcake getting some late night exercising in while the uterus is still big enough to float freely around in.

   Haven't gained any weight yet, though everything in the abdomen is being moved around and redecorated as room is made for baby.

   Took half a Unisom last night (didn't feel like playing "Let's see who's still nauseous" today) and seem to be doing well. I think I'll stick with halves for another few days and then try going on empty for a night.

   Finally went to the gym and got a good workout in today. I've gone to yoga once or twice and the gym once or twice since I found out about the cupcake in September, but really, I've been too tired or busy (that second excuse is laaaaaaame and I know it!). It felt really good to workout today, did some light cardio and light weights, just trying to work back into a good routine. It's a huge change from the 6 months prior when I was doing a running program and hitting the gym 4 times a week. Part of it is that my work schedule has changed from working 6am-4pm (so easy to stop at the gym on the way home!) to mostly 12pm-10pm (I sleep as long as I can in the mornings, so there's no way I'm getting up to make it to the gym before work). The dogs have suffered a little too, they aren't getting walked as much. Just need to get a schedule figured out where I can go to the gym twice a week, yoga once or twice a week, and walk the dogs at least 3 times a week. School is over for the term, so maybe that will help a little. Wish I had the money to get back to my Barre3 classes, those were definitely nice, especially when I could talk people into going with me (Kelsey was my workout buddy for a while and we also talked Chris and Mike into going once or twice). Maybe I'll start saving up and treat myself to some classes after baby's born.

   Few more weeks until the ultrasound appointment. It seems so far away! Chris thinks baby will be a girl, I'm kind of thinking it will be a boy (I may be biased simply because every other pregnant person I know except one is having a boy!). I don't think either one of us is rooting for one or the other, it will just be nice to know and be able to start calling it "him" or "her" or by the name.

1 comment:

  1. I just froze my gym membership (well it will be frozen as of January 2nd) because I just can't seem to get back into working out.. I was going 3-4 times a week before this baby too! Oh well :) Now I'm just too out of breath all the time, its frustrating. Hope you get into a good routine :) I can't believe in a few weeks you guys will know if you are having a boy or a girl! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete