Tuesday, November 16, 2010

15 weeks---size of an orange!

       The cupcake is 4 inches long (not including legs, just head to bottom) and weighs about 2.5 ounces. Apparently, the legs are now finally longer than the arms and all four limbs have functional joints. It's having a little party in there, but I can't feel it quite yet. Probably in the next few weeks. I'm really looking forward to it, but also heard the first couple times it feels really weird and kind of creepy. I'm definitely excited, because I think after feeling it move around, it's going to become "real". Yes, I've had the nausea and a little tiredness, bloating and we've heard the heartbeat, but besides that, it's all still kind of a dream to me.

       The quest for maternity jeans has finally ended! After looking at Walmart, Goodwill, Old Navy, Gap, Macy's and Fred Meyer, Target deserves the gold star! I did find jeans at Old Navy and Gap, but the sizes were weird (mostly really long which tends to be an issue when I look for regular jeans anyway). But Target... the jeans were comfortable, a decent length and pretty affordable. I haven't had any trouble finding shirts, luckily (I scored at the thrift store, Walmart and Old Navy).

       Haven't played the not-so-fun game of "let's see if I'm still nauseous or not" this week. I skipped Unisom one night last week and low and behold, was still sick the following day. I figure it'll probably be another few weeks, so maybe I'll try a Unisom-free night in December.

       Dreams have been a little more weird and interesting the last few weeks. I think part of it is the sleep aid (which doesn't do anything for my sleep problems. On days where I've skipped Unisom the night before, I'll get sick and then take a pill and be fine--nausea and sleep-wise--the rest of the day),  but I'm sure part of it is the pregnancy hormones. I can't remember any of the dreams now, but I definitely wake up thinking, "Where did THAT come from?"

       Chris and I are taking the dogs to the cabin in Tillamook for a few days. We usually go a few times a year and it's a nice little mini-vacation that we all enjoy. The last time we went (in September) was actually when we found out that I was baking the little cupcake, so that will be a fun little memory we get to enjoy every time we go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment