Wednesday, November 3, 2010

13 weeks (3 months, 1 week)--Size of a peach!

    Baby's continuing to grow... about the size of a peach, 2.9 inches and .81 ounces! This week, teeth and vocal cords are forming and the intestines are moving from the umbilical cord to the baby's tummy.
  
     I returned the doppler to a friend today and am kind of sad that I can't do my almost nightly checks for now (my friend is due in December, so maybe I'll get it back in the next month or so, ha ha. Though, by then, I might be able to feel baby moving around!). My mom got to hear the heat beat while she was visiting from the East coast, so at least Chris and I know we aren't just hearing things.
   
      Forgot to take my nightly Unisom last night and was sick today. Took a pill in the afternoon and have felt fine the rest of the evening, thankfully. Guess I'll have to take it a few more weeks (and hopefully that's it). Can't complain too much, though. Besides being a little more tired (and getting a little more winded going up and down stairs), I haven't had too many pregnancy related symptoms.
   
      I get to work an overnight shift this week at work, so I'm trying to prep my body for that. My sleep schedule has been a little off this last week with the wedding and friends and family visiting from out of town, so hopefully the 8:30pm-6:30am shift won't kill me.
   
      We have our second prenatal appointment with our midwife this next week and we're hoping to get an ultrasound appointment set up sometime soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment