Monday, July 18, 2011

Blankets on parade!

     Cupcake is 11 1/2 weeks! This Thursday marks the 3-month mark and it totally blows my mind. It's gone so fast!
Yo yo, homie! Wearing her cute knit hat made by one of my co-workers. She's looking at a bee toy on her bouncy chair. Chris and I joke that she hates the bee because he's smug and doesn't talk back to her


     Tomorrow we have her newborn hearing test (yes, a little late, but they didn't have any appointments until now. Plus, it's okay to have it done within the first 6 months). On Thursday, we have a 2nd pediatrician appointment (just for her DTap vaccine). I'm really dreading it. Ugh... I'm hoping that holding her during this shot helps (she was laying on the table last month when she got two shots). I know that she's fine and that I don't need to cry, but I can't  help it. It's just an automatic reaction. Maybe I'll get thicker skin in the next few months.

     CC stayed with grandma Leniger this last Sunday while both Chris and I worked. Sounds like she made it easy by falling asleep almost right after Chris left and slept for a few hours. When she woke up, she spent some time in the Bumbo seat.  She gets to stay with grandma again next week and two more Sundays next month. Uncle Justin and Aunt Kim have watched Ayla a few times, too. Uncle Carl came up from Corvallis one night to babysit while Chris and I had a date night. We're so lucky to  have family help out! Though, I'm not sure whether they want to help or just have snuggle time... :)

     It's moving week! We sign for our new place on Friday and start moving stuff on Saturday with the help of some friends and family (well, I'll be working, but I'm super grateful)!

     We've received several blankets and quilts since Ayla was born. Check them out!

Beautiful quilt made by Grandpa Alsman's friend, Teresa Green. I love it! Pink and rainbow-y!

Cupcake's name in the middle--Ayla Noelle Leniger

Sewn on tag

It says May 2011 because baby came 2 weeks early at 38 weeks. Go figure! She couldn't even wait an extra 3 days. Oh well.

From left to right: pink blanket from Grandma Leniger, cupcake blanket from Uncle Justin and Aunt Kim, cupcake blanket from my cousin Betsy. Cupcakes!!

Quilt from Aundi (made by her grandmother). Very cute!

Pink strawberry blanket from Chris' aunt. It's SO soft!

Blanket from Andaluz Water birth center

Handmade with Love from the Andaluz Midwives, www.waterbirth.net  We love it!

Made by my aunt Tracy!


     

No comments:

Post a Comment