Friday, July 29, 2011

Behind on posting...Baby is 13 weeks!

     Gah, I totally missed posting last week. I've been busy with working full-time and dealing with moving to a different apartment (and who are we kidding? I spend hours just looking at CC).

     We had a pediatrician appointment last week (or the week before... everything is blurred together at this point) for just one vaccination (the DTap). I was sick to my stomach just *thinking* about going back because our first experience with the vaccines was like getting hit by a bus (in case you hadn't heard, CC and I both cried. It felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest). When we got into the exam room this time, I grabbed some tissues, knowing the tears would flow (I would get teary eyed just thinking about Cupcake crying from the pokes). I didn't ask the nurse if either Chris or I could hold her this time (I knew if I opened my mouth, I would burst into tears). I took my position near her head, Chris stood next to baby and... POKE! She cried a "normal" cry for about 10-15 seconds and then she was totally over it! That little butt had me all nervous and upset and she ended up forgetting about it faster than I did. Sheesh!

     We have just about everything finally moved in to our new townhome. Chris and friends (Megan, Zach) and family (Carl and Peggy) did a big move on Saturday, with grandma watching Ayla and the dogs at the new place while everyone did the moving (I was at work for 10 hours... yay). He and I have been making small trips over to the "old place" over the last few days, making small trips and using the washer/dryer (our new place has hookups, but we don't have machines just yet). We're hoping tonight will be the last night we have to go over. Between the two of us, we should be able to get the cleaning done and the storage unit emptied.

     Cupcake and I went over to Zoe's on Tuesday for a photo shoot! I have one photo right now and will get the rest next week at Bunco. I can't wait! We also need to get an appointment at the photo studio in Hillsboro. Hopefully we can get that in the next few weeks.


Cupcake is 3-months old!
     Last week, Omi (and Icen), Zoe (and Lotus, Simon, Xander and Isaac) and I (and CC) all went to the zoo! I'm not sure what I was thinking, going on a weekday in the summer... the parking lot was packed! And that was the day I had stayed up until about 4am baking (and trying out the new "cupcake bites/pops/balls"--see picture below), then got up around 8:30 to do a volunteer thing at work. Funny thing about the zoo... I had never gone with a stroller before, but as soon as I got there, I knew it was a terrible idea. There were just so many people and it was kind of irritating to maneuver it around. Zoe had the right idea and had Lotus in a wrap carrier. I was going to do that initially, but then had to bring Omi her birthday cupcakes (and cupcake bites), that it was just easier to throw it all in the stroller. Omi got home pictures on her camera and I'll have to post them once she sends me a few.

Cupcake bites. First time I tried making them and Omi loved them!

Chocolate cupcakes with meringue buttercream frosting. Look like roses! Happy birthday, Omi!

No comments:

Post a Comment