Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ultrasound... coming soon!

   4 more days until we get to see our little cupcake! I just realized that I'm way more excited to see baby than to know what the sex is (don't worry, we're still going to find out either way!). We've heard the heartbeat, I've felt it moving around, and I've definitely got the belly, but I think the ultrasound is going to be way awesome and confirm that it's not some weird tumor (hey, there are tumors that have nails and teeth and hair! They're called teratomas).

    In case you're interested, here's the link to the waterbirth center where I've been seeing my midwives at (and where I'll deliver the cupcake, barring any emergenices or total lack of a pain tolerance on my part...). http://www.waterbirth.net/   We typically go to the Portland location, but our last prenatal appointment was at the Tualatin location. We were in the Lavender room and it was so nice (it's a little more purple now than what you see in the pictures). At the Portland location, I love the Tierra room (it's done in green with ferns and plant life). I'm determined to deliver in that room, but if it's not available, then I want the Lavender room in Tualatin. I told the midwives that I'd labor in the parking lot until the rooms were available. ;)  I'm sure when the time comes, I won't really care much, but I like to have a little bit of a plan (yes, I know a plan or "birth plan" is not set in stone, it should  be flexible).

    And I think I've finally gained some weight! Only about 3-5 pounds, but I'll take it. I know this is the point where it should start picking up as baby starts gaining weight and fat deposits. Right now, the cupcake is about 1/3 of the size it should be at birth, so there's still lots of growing to do in just a few months. I'm going to get huge, I just know it. But I'm not too concerned about it. Looking forward to taking baby on walks and getting back into my gym routine (maybe some running here and there. I know I miss my workouts when I have dreams about running. Sad, isn't it? I'm not even really a "runner"!).

No comments:

Post a Comment