Friday, December 17, 2010

19 weeks---size of a mango!

     Baby is now about 6 inches long (head to bottom) and weighs about 8.5 ounces. Cupcake is definitely growing, because the "bump" is definitely becoming a "belly".

     One more week until we find out the gender! I wasn't getting really excited about it until now. I'm still okay with either a boy or a girl, though since I know SO many women who are having boys, I'm kind of hoping for a girl a little bit. But really, either is fine, because I do want both eventually.

      I've been feeling baby move for a few weeks (maybe since around week 16) and just last week was able to feel it from the outside! I woke up early one morning and couldn't get back to sleep for a few hours, so I went out to the living room to lay on the couch. Cupcake decided to keep me company and had a little dance party. I placed my hand on my stomach, not thinking about it and then all of sudden... BAM! My hand jumped. I didn't think I'd be able to feel it from the outside yet! Unfortunately, Chris hasn't felt it yet. I can only feel it from the outside every so often (usually late at night or early in the morning and the baby has to be positioned just right to be kicking the front). But I've been feeling it move a little more frequently throughout the day, which is fun and reassuring.

    I took a trip up to Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island for a few days this last week to visit my "island family" (neighbors from back in 1994!). Everyone was so excited to see the belly that the cupcake is creating. Meggy even did some henna for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment