Thursday, June 23, 2011

2 months old!

     Two months old, I can't believe it! We have a pediatrician visit next week with Dr. Thomas.

     Chris and I have been looking for houses to rent. We're looking for a place with a yard that accepts medium and large dogs (and near our price range). Our options are fairly limited, unfortunately. We drove by a few places in NE and SE Portland and found a couple that were decent, but nothing that we were absolutely crazy about (the one we liked that had a great yard and one car garage had a really small floor plan... it seemed smaller than our current apartment!). We found some townhomes in an apartment complex just down the road (off 217 and Greenburg) that we put in an application for today (there shouldn't be any problems getting approved for it, but we'll hear by Monday or Tuesday). It's an almost 900 square foot townhome with a fireplace, private yard (small, but still somewhere the dogs can do their business without us having to put their leash and collar on and walk down the stairs and across the parking lot. I'm SO looking forward to that!!), washer and dryer hookup (lame, but maybe we can find something cheap to buy. Until then, there's a resident laundry room which is better than having to go to the laundry mat). The two bedrooms and bathroom are upstairs and the living room, dining room and kitchen are downstairs. I can't remember ever living in a place with stairs, so it'll be interesting to get used to. We'll have to figure out a way to block the stairs at the bottom once Cupcake becomes mobile. We're hoping to only be in this place and rent for another year or so (we both have credit cards or school loans plus our cars to pay off, then we'll have to start saving for a down payment).

     I went back to work on Sunday (Father's Day). Chris took the day off to spend time with CC (they went and visited Chris' grandfather, mother and brother and later that day, Chris' dad). I worked from 8-6pm. Yep, 10 whole hours. I'm not sure what  I was thinking when I scheduled that, but it actually went really well considering it was my first day back and a Sunday (Sunday's are almost always crazy busy at DoveLewis). I worked 5 hours on Monday, but it was flex time upstairs in my cubicle. I didn't get in as early as I wanted to (I was hoping for about 10-3pm) so I brought Cupcake with me (Chris worked 4-10pm that day). Luckily, she slept through most of it, waking up once to nurse (we have a maternity suite upstairs with a couple nice chairs and a table. It was so nice to use on Sunday to pump!). I had a short 8-1pm shift today. This weekend is going to be the real test for all of us. I'm working 12-10pm both Friday and Saturday and then 11-4pm on Sunday, with another short 5 hour flex time upstairs on Monday. I have a feeling I'll be really tired by Sunday (luckily Sunday and Monday are shorter shifts). My brother Justin and his wife Kim are going to watch Ayla for us on Sunday and Chris' mom will watch her the two Sundays in July (I work two weekends a month, so two Sundays a month is the only time we really need someone to watch her while we're both at work. Our schedules worked out really nicely with tiny adjustments one day a week for each of us. Our employers are flexible and we're really grateful!)

     I didn't sleep much last night (I wasn't tired when I needed to go to bed around 10, so I only got about 5 hours of sleep. I don't know what time it was when CC woke up to nurse. I figured I was better off not knowing, ha ha!). I'm fighting taking a nap so that I can go to bed around 10 tonight, but it's so hard. Everyone else is napping. I'm having a hard time thinking of what else to write, so I suppose I'll go do some reading or find something to eat before baby wakes up and wants to cement me to the couch while she eats :)



     

No comments:

Post a Comment