Thursday, May 26, 2011

1 month old!

     I can't believe it's been a whole month!


     Cupcake had her first coast/cabin trip last week when we went to Tillamook for the weekend. Of course, when we drove to the beach to let the dogs run around, she slept the entire time. But the dogs had a blast and we found a whole sea dollar!

                Chris found the Sunset Shack. Don't know who built it or how long it's been there

     We had a 3-week checkup appointment with one of our midwives today (it's a little late since our primary midwife was sick this past week). She's up to 8 pounds and 6 ounces! Glad to hear she's growing, because she doesn't spend a ton of time breastfeeding sometimes (she'll eat for a few minutes and then fall asleep). We have one more appointment with our midwife (6-week checkup, scheduled for week 7) before we switch over to a pediatrician (2-month checkup). It took us a few days to look over a list of health providers and their websites and agree. I found someone who has an extensive website, experience, education and contributions (Dr. Paul Thomas).

     I'm really looking forward to getting back into working out! Yes, it's only been 4 weeks since my awesome, medication-free, natural birth experience (it really was a great experience! I'm still so happy with how it all went!), but everything seems to be healed up and I've been feeling great ever since. I've been doing dog walks (with and without Chris), so I think slowly getting back to the gym will be nice. I can't wait to get back to yoga at my gym and try a cycling class and Zumba! I'm also really excited to get back to barre3 (yoga, pilates, ballet in a 60-minute workout). Maybe Chris and I will go back to the Portland Rock Gym in a month or two. I bought my own climbing harness and shoes last year and wasn't able to use them before Cupcake came along. I think I need to slowly get back into jogging, too. I had a dream the other night that I was running and that's typically a sign that I need/want to start working out again (despite my love/hate relationship with running). 

No comments:

Post a Comment