Sunday, October 2, 2011

5 months!

     Ayla turned 5 months old on September 28th. Can you believe it? I can't. There are still times when I can't believe how lucky I am to have such a beautiful, happy little baby girl. It seems unreal and like a dream.

She sleeps like this pretty regularly :) We love these pj's from Uncle Justin and Aunt Kim!

"I need a pillow!"

     We've gone to a few Baby Boot Camp classes up in Washington Park and we love it! On Friday, we had class down in NW Portland and then went to Playdate PDX afterwards. I can't wait for Ayla to be big enough to toddle and run around that place, it's awesome! The class instructor's daughter (Evi, 19 months) showed us around. She loves the big (fast!) slides and the dance/game floor. I think I almost had more fun than she did.

Baby Boot Camp!

I was eating a cupcake and she could not keep her eyes off it. Look at her reaching for it!
    

     Cupcake and I went back to the zoo last Sunday for Member Days. It was the perfect day! It was overcast and we went around 3 in the afternoon, so there was hardly anyone there. It was great!

I love this cupcake jacket from Zoe! I figured CC could wear the animal print pants since we were heading to the zoo (I'm not usually an animal print fan, so don't anyone get any ideas!)
 
     On Sunday, September 18th, Chris and Ayla came to support me in my Race for the Cure! It was my third 5k in three months and we have one more planned for later this month (Run Like Hell through Terrapin Events). It's a Halloween themed run where people dress up in costumes. This year, the theme is zombies (last year was Alice in Wonderland), but you can dress however you want (costumes are optional). We're thinking of taking CC in the jogging stroller with us so she can wear her cupcake Halloween costume! I don't know if we'll dress up or not (hey, running is hard enough!).

Cupcake and Mama before the race. My best run time yet... 34:46!

  
Cupcake and Daddy!


     Chris and I have our 5-year anniversary coming up at the end of the month (October 28th)! It doesn't feel like it's been 5 years, which is better than feeling like it's been 10, haha!  It's also our 1-year wedding anniversary (again, October 28th. We picked the same date for a reason). And... it's going to be Ayla's 6-month birthday! Yep, she was born on our 6-month wedding anniversary. Guess 28 is a good number for us! We're thinking of going to Bend to stay in the Old St. Francis School hotel (it's a McMenamin's) for a few nights. Grandma Peggy is going to Cupcake sit for us and we're super grateful! It will be hard to be without our little baby for 2 nights, but we know she's in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment