Tuesday, October 26, 2010

12 weeks (3 months)--size of a plum!

     Alright, we're finally getting into the second trimester! It feels like it's been forever already (probably because it's the only thing I've thought about every single day for the past two months!). Baby is now the size of a plum (about 2.1 inches)... pretty crazy to think about. I'm still stuck on the size of a raspberry from a few weeks ago (okay... maybe a month ago... ha ha). A plum. Not that big, but definitely explains some of the bloating I've been having (hoping my wedding dress fits when I go to pick it up tomorrow!). As of last week, the fingers and toes are no longer webbed and hair follicles, tooth buds and nail  beds were being formed. From this point on, since almost all systems are formed, the baby will just continue to grow and mature instead of focusing on creating and developing organs.

     I'm excited to be past the nausea stage. Though, I can't really complain too much. I've been taking Unisom (doxylamine succinate... an over the counter sleep aid recommended by a doctor and also a pregnancy magazine) every night. It hasn't been helping with my on going sleep issues, but I'm definitely not spending time losing my lunch, either. There are days that I still feel a little sick every now and then, but compared to the alternative of being sick all day, it's been really helpful. I tried to skip the Unisom one weekend and man, was that a mistake. I spent all day one Sunday being sick. I couldn't even keep sips of water or Sprite down. It was terrible. I took Unisom that night and was fine the next day. I think I'll take it for the rest of this week (to get me through the wedding and guests visiting from out of town) and then see where I'm at.

     Finding out that some friends of mine that are pregnant are ALL having boys! It's an epidemic! It'll be interesting to see if it's contagious.

     So far, I don't think I've had too many crazy pregnancy emotions. I sometimes get very easily irritated for no reason, but I don't know if that's pregnancy related necessarily, ha ha. I have had something weird, though. Twice in the last week, I've woken up from dreams where someone I know dies (ugh, terrible). I wake up just bawling. It might be from the Unisom, though. I tend to have weirder or more vivid dreams when I take sleep aids.

      I think I've decided on trying to write once a week... so keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment